Desktop Support Analyst
Work as part of the 1st Line / 2nd Line IS Acton Support team to provide 1st Line support to 2000+ users across the UK, delivering and maintaining a ‘best of breed’ IS Service function. This person will work in a proactive and co-operative manner to ensure that the responsiveness, effectiveness and quality of the IS Service support service is industry leading. Limited travel within several sites including extended visits may be required.
• Deliver 1st Line IS support (break / fix incidents and service requests) effectively and in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes, working remotely and locally supporting Acton head office and colleagues working from alternate locations.
• Escalate issues which are beyond their technical capability or resource capacity in an effective manner to optimise the quality of service provided to the business.
• Build laptops, log failures and liaise with the Build and Deploy team to resolve issues.
• Follow the procurement and asset management procedures when handling IS equipment.
• Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the IS operational service.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key staff and managers in the business and in other teams within IS.
• Identify where knowledge can be shared with other IS colleagues to improve the effectiveness of IS Support, and help develop the knowledge and skills of others in the IS team.
• Ensure that assigned IS incidents are managed effectively with users, engineers and managers.
• Provide project support as required for IS and other company initiatives.
• Provide infrastructure support to Facilities for office moves and changes.
• Have some experience of providing IT support in a similar role
• Have a good understanding of IT operational support frameworks, including incident & problem management and change control.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Have knowledge and experience of working in a large corporate environment.
• Possess strong customer facing skills and the ability to build and maintain working relationships at all levels.
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
Please do get in touch for a detailed job spec.