Legal Counsel (Corporate/Commercial)
Initial 6 Months Contract
InterQuest Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key Global Loyalty and Benefits Organisations and supporting with the recruitment of a Legal Counsel to join them. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing legal support to the Insurance division of their business. This will including drafting and negotiating on a wide range of contracts within Insurance, with new and existing clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of insurance contracts - including Agency, Introducer, TPA and Claims Handling agreements with new and existing clients.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts - including confidentiality, services and technology agreements.
- Advising on a wide range of Insurance Regulatory matters.
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks and upwards management of key risks and issues to the Divisional General Counsel.
- Advising on commercial issues within the Insurance and Assistance division - Including advising on Intellectual Property issues, litigation and data protection.
- Advising on operational areas within the Insurance and Assistance division - Including advising on HR/employment issues, internal policies and internal/external terms and conditions.
- Potential to be involved in drafting and negotiating contracts for other divisions within the group - Including supplier contracts, IT contracts, Intellectual Property agreements and Confidentiality Agreements across the Loyalty and Assistance divisions.
- Assisting other team members with wider group matters as and when required, including involvement in group wide projects and corporate matters.
Skills & Experience
- Legally Qualified in England and Wales (4-6 years PQE*)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of insurance distribution agreements, the UK insurance sector and the law surrounding both
- Strong commercial mind set and excellent communication and analytical skills
- Excellent independent drafting skills with strong experience of commercial contracts and negotiation
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Experience of drafting/negotiating technology contracts, data protection agreements and working on Intellectual Property Rights issues
- Experience of working within an international business.
- Enjoys a challenging and diverse workload
- A positive mind-set with the ability to adjust work priorities to meet the needs and challenges of a growing and entrepreneurial business
- Ability to apply a pragmatic balance to legal risks with commercial risks
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex legal issues to non-lawyers in a digestible way
- Able to work both independently and to work within a close team
- Excellent problem solving/solution based skills
- Good project management skills
If you are interested and would like to review a full job spec please click APPLY and send CV's to Ashley.Waterman@ interquestgroup.com OR call on: 01892 553 241.