Financial BI Report Analyst – Contract – 6 Months – Circa £400 Day Rate – Outside IR35
A regulatory body, based in London, is looking for an experienced Financial BI Reporting Analyst to join them on an initial 6 month basis whilst they look to drive forward & support their Finance Improvement Programme as well as assist with the development of their existing suite of reporting solutions (SQL, SSRS & Power BI).
The current team of 3x BI professionals that have expertise in SharePoint, CRM & SQL, are looking for another solution-focused professional to complement their technology stack. The organisation is looking to implement an end-user self-service function and remove unnecessary, inefficient manual processes – the post holder will therefore be responsible for developing this new reporting service. There is also a requirement to standardise & improve processes as well as clean up the financial data already held.
Therefore, an understanding of how data is stored and can be mapped, is an essential requirement.
In order for this to be a success, the successful candidate will need to have a solid understanding of financial systems, financial accounting & a strong reporting background.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of mission-critical reporting using SQL
- Design and Development of: financial reports, budgeting, commitment accounting, dashboards, query reports and alerts to enable business user self service
- Reports to enable end user setting parameters and the roll up (consolidation) and drill down (to see transaction level and invoice PDF)
- Coordinate with Finance and Business Managers to translate business requirements into coherent Business Intelligence (BI) reports
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand and identify anomalies, develop processes to automatically reconcile anomalies and errors and produce exceptions report
- Develop and design cross database reports and dashboards for Finance, Purchasing, CRM and HR.
- Develop data views of the existing databases to enable, new reports, enhancements and maintenance to be conducted by the existing BI team
- Knowledge transfer and upskilling to the existing BI team
- Identify and resolve report related issues.
- Develop and deign the design, development, testing of BI and reporting tooling.
- Prepare and maintain BI reporting and analysis documentations.
- Generate BI reports, dashboards and data models with the help of BI tools
- Remain current on industry trends with respect to BI capabilities
- Responsible for helping to develop and embedding reporting tools to enable end-user self-service, query reports, alerts
- Good understanding of financial processes and controls
- Financial and CRM systems experience
- Design and Development of financial reports, budgeting, commitment accounting, dashboards, query reports and alerts.
- Experience with Sun Systems / Proactis / Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Select HR and MS SQL Server Databases
- Experience with SSRS
- Must be able to use SQL Server management studio to interrogate data
- Degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science
- existing understanding of data concepts and excellent t-SQL skills to drive through the end user reports to support the finance improvement programme and support and develop the existing suite of SQL, SSRS and Power BI reporting solutions
- ITIL Foundation
- Experienced gained in a similar role within a retail or service orientated setting
- Experience with other database applications
- Experience in analytical tool
- Create and maintain reports within existing SSRS environment
- Provide front line support for existing reports and data queries
- Analyse new reporting requirements and consult with existing DBA on changes to existing data caches.
- Assist in routine SQL maintenance tasks