Applications for this job are closed.
This role is part of a busy & growing team that ensures timely and accurate administration of new finance applications. This includes processing applications online, liaising with customers and colleagues and dealing with queries. Ensuring accuracy at all times, and that the company's processes & procedures are followed.
Located in beautiful, Sevenoaks-based offices, you will be joining a large motor finance lender who stand apart from the rest of the market. Our client are currently going through an exciting period of growth, and have recently been named one of the Fastest Growing Organisations in Europe. Joining the company at this time will allow you to put your own stamp on the role, make it your own and really have a say in how the company will grow in the short and long-term future!
The key aspects of the role are:
- Underwrite referred deals to policy and mandate
- Thoroughly investigate customers applications that have not auto approved by checking credit profiles, customers assets and liabilities etc. then making a decision as whether to proceed
- Review of customers documents prior to payout to detect any undisclosed information or potential frauds
- Manage more information queries
- Investigate potential Frauds, PEP and Sanctions Matches
- Monthly sample review of underwriting
- Keep electronic and paper filing in order at all times
- To keep up to date with the company?'s products
- To present the company in a professional and confidential manner at all times
- To pay due care and attention to your own, and others health & safety at all times
- Experience of working in a team in an office environment
- Ideally some previous Underwriting experience - preferably in a consumer finance environment
- Knowledge of treating customers fairly
- Ability to understand and comply with documented processes and procedures
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic 'can do'? attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional and well-presented
- Establishes effective working relationships
- Customer-focused approach
- Good educational background, with proficiency demonstrable in Math?s and English
- Computer literate, including MS office products and email
- Perm / 37.5 hours a week (8.5 hours per day inc. 1 unpaid hour for lunch = 7.5 hours a day)
- Able to reliably commute to office
- The business is open 7 days a week, as is our Underwriting department.
- Monday - Friday on either an early shift or late shit, on a 4/5 week rotation + 1 full weekend in 4. Days off in lieu for weekend days.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling Kate Murray on 01892 553484, or sending your CV to [email removed] for consideration.