Our client based in Kent and within the insurance domain are seeking a Web developer to provide detailed either, Java & or C# development skills, with the below skill set or as many of these technologies as possible.
This position’s job duties and responsibilities include:
- Development of the core loan platform
- Work with the product manager / business experts to define requirements
- Attend daily stand-up meetings
- Investigate production issues and code fixes where necessary.
- Help define and uphold coding standards using code reviews
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Evaluate new technologies, frameworks and third party libraries
- Help find optimal solutions to the problems the business is trying to overcome
To do a great job in this position, your experience should include:
- A few years or more experience full stack development in a production environment using
- C#, Java or a similar language.
- Working with a DVCS either Git, Mercurial or similar
- Ability to write T-SQL queries and functions
- Experience of building responsive Web UI’s
- Ability to communicate and work closely with non-technical co workers
The following skills aren’t necessary, but will make you a well-rounded candidate for
- Problem solving and maintaining a positive attitude that adds energy to the team
- Understanding the concepts involved in Unit and Integration testing
- Automation of Testing and Deployment of code
- Understanding the concepts behind TDD and BDD
- Familiarity with Agile development techniques like scrum and kanban
- Messaging and Distributed systems
Experience of consumer finance (Hire Purchase,Personal Loans, Credit Cards etc would be nice)
Please do get in touch for a full detailed job spec.