Applications for this job are closed.
Agile Delivery Manager
£75,000 – FTC 24m
Working with a prestigious client in the heart of London, we are currently seeking an experienced Agile Delivery Manager/Agile Project Manager to work with them on a 24 month term to ensure timely and orderly delivery of IT Projects by ensuring the right methods, resources, suppliers and management are involved in a truly Agile way. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of project teams (between 20 – 35 people) with line management of 5 – 10 direct reports and annual budgetary responsibility of upto £10m.
Your main responsibilities will include;
• Manage the delivery of a portfolio of strategic and complex agile and waterfall, projects simultaneously, ensuring successful end-to-end delivery in terms of time, cost, quality and benefits, and ensuring their successful delivery into business-as-usual support.
• Ensuring methodological consistency and best-practice, especially with regard to the application of Agile Scrum in delivering digital and CRM projects, providing knowledge, advice and guidance to delivery streams at all levels in methodological adoption and implementation.
• Manage delivery streams (through building relationships with scrum masters and project managers), ensuring they have realistic plans, well defined and prioritised backlogs, successful relationships with suppliers, and a methodology and approach that is likely to succeed and bring about best-practice IT delivery.
• Develop relationships with Business Programme Managers and Programme Sponsors including the Executive Team, influencing and shaping scope of projects to deliver maximum benefit to the organisation, and holding the business to account for developing and managing business change plans and coordinating these with IT delivery.
• Build virtual multi-disciplinary teams, including specialist agile resources, solution architecture, IT Transition, and test resources, leading them in engaging with delivery streams and ensuring they deliver to a high standard, developing team members and their performance and managing conflict to support successful delivery of projects.
• Ensure delivery streams and projects are reporting in a consistent and useful manner both to IT and to Executive and Programme Sponsors, reporting on resources, RAID, budgets, timescales, delivery quality, etc.
• Review and ensure the consistent high quality of delivery backlogs and sprint plans, coaching scrum masters to ensure consistent, quality, predictable and timely delivery
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Proven experience of agile delivery management across complex portfolios of digital and non-digital projects
• Significant experience of Waterfall, Scrum and Prince2 methodologies, and proven application of these to successful delivery ideally with a certificate in CSM or PRINCE2
• Strong experience of methods, tools and planning used in digital and non-digital IT projects, including the lifecycle of customer-centred design, agile procurement and delivery.
• Strong experience in all aspects of IT and systems delivery, transition and management, both of back-office and customer-facing systems.
• Experience of managing financial budgets of up to £10m in total
• Experience of managing matrix teams including third party suppliers and digital specialists
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, and understanding of strategic and tactical business change needs in IT projects
• Knowledge of MS Office suite to intermediate level including MS Project and MS Visio.
• Specific experience in Web and CRM delivery
• Experience of Microsoft Azure, DevOps
We are looking to move quickly through the process and hire someone suitable quickly so please apply without delay for more info!