InterQuest Solutions are recruiting on behalf of one of the UK’s leading retailers in the search for an Assistant Finance Analyst based in Taunton.
The Assistant Finance Analyst supports the internal and external reporting, annual planning, forecasting and analysis of the business area. This includes the preparation of monthly management accounts, reconciliations, weekly performance reporting, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for the business area.
- Supporting the reporting processes for the business area, including generating weekly performance reports and preparing the reconciliations and journal entries for period end close.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, particularly the P&L and key financial KPI’s and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Performing variance analysis; understanding and documenting the underlying drivers for the business area’s performance
- Supporting the preparation of detailed annual budgets and forecasts for the business area
- Supporting the team’s Finance Manager, Senior Finance Analyst and/or Finance Analyst including ad hoc financial analysis and provision of data
- Upholding a continuous improvement mindset and seeks opportunities to drive positive change in finance and/or business processes to improve efficiency
- Working collaboratively across Finance teams in London and Taunton
- Demonstrating the client behaviours through how work is delivered
Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of Finance systems
- Strong excel skills – experience of financial modelling
- Understanding of retail and the business capabilities concerned
- Understand the impact of Finance on day to day operations
- Good administration skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good analytical and financial accounting skills