£400/day Inside IR35
4 months +
As Test Manager for this leading Public Sector client, you will hold responsibility for the team conducting testing and release management activities and supporting the delivery of large and complex business transformation projects.
You will hold responsibility for the management of third parties and will hold responsibility on a matrix basis to Project Sponsors for specific projects.
You will be required to lead and manage, often on a matrix basis, multi-skilled testing teams of varying sizes dependent upon the number and scales of the agreed projects.
Your key experience and responsibilities include;
- Experience of testing complex and integrated applications within a busy team environment
- Experience of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Ability to understand functional and non-functional requirements and to interpret acceptance criteria and define tests accordingly
- Knowledge of the complex nature of local government technology would be beneficial
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, whilst ensuring quality of the testing process
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing
- Experience of managing testing in Agile and waterfall delivered projects
- Proven ability to plan and manage testing including setting out test cycles and status reporting.
- Excellent people skills, especially diplomacy & advocacy and an ability to be pragmatic when appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the test requirements from initiation through to delivery
- Maintain detailed documentation associated with each phase of testing
- Managing the execution of test scripts, recording test outcomes, escalation of defects and identifying opportunities for product improvement
- Hands on testing, where needed, of all functional modules of the application
- Supervise test teams ensuring a coordinated and uniform approach is adopted
- Provide assurance that the test environments remain ‘fit for purpose’ throughout the lifecycle of the project for all software testing to take place
- Liaison with and coordination of third party providers required to support/facilitate the testing effort including the setting up of the test environment and availability of test data
- Creation and maintenance of test scripts and other documentation in keeping with existing and new practices
- Deliver and maintain ‘best practice’ for software release and test management processes
- Act as a single point of contact for test & release processes for the lifecycle of a project
- Work closely with the project manager to organise test phases aligning these to the timescales of the project
This is an urgent requirement and we are looking for the successful applicant to be in a position to start ASAP ideally in January so apply now for an immediate interview! [email removed]