Do you love computers and all things IT? Do you have an IT qualification, a passion for troubleshooting IT issues or experience fixing computers in your spare time? If yes, we want to speak with you!
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - shifts between 7am and 8pm Monday to Friday with occasional overtime on a Saturday, paid at time and a half
As IT Helpdesk Support you will be eligible for the following benefits package:
- Free parking on site in Bridgend
- Share Purchase Plan where the employer will match up to 3% monthly
- Pension Retirement Plan
- Private Medical Scheme
- Large, open-plan, modern offices on the outskirts of Bridgend, not far from Junction 25 of the M4
- Member Discount Scheme with over 3000 retailers; vouchers, cash-back options and savings on days out, home purchases, restaurants and much more.
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Member Assistance Program offering employees and their family's consultation, psychological counselling and support services to help them through personal or professional challenges.
- Sports & Social Club
- Fantastic career prospects in the UK and even Worldwide in a variety of sectors.
- Essential requirements for the role of IT Helpdesk Support:
- A sound knowledge of IT including knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Problem solving
- Trouble shooting
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Able to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Punctual and reliable, with a flexible attitude
- Desirable skills for the role of IT Helpdesk Support:
- Previous experience providing 1st line support
- An understanding of working to Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- ITIL awareness
We are looking for people with a passion for IT, so you don't need prior formal experience for your application to be successful. This is a great entry level IT role and will suit anyone with an analytical mind, looking for their first step.
Please note: If you are successful, you will be required to undertake stringent criminal background checks and be able to provide reference information (employment, education and personal references) to cover the last 3 years