Our client who design and manufacture industrial thermal process equipment is looking to recruit a Contracts / Projects Engineer.
CONTRACTS / PROJECT ENGINEER
The Projects / Contracts Engineer will manage projects for equipment supply and turnkey installation to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements. The role may also include the preparation of basic sales tenders for our complete range of equipment and site installation services.
This opportunity can also further develop to include working with the Applications Engineering team to plan and cost future project solutions to suit our client's needs.
1. Overall responsibility for the supervision of the day-to-day activities and co-ordination of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning.
2. Communicate with cross functional team members and sub-contractors as required to deliver project goals.
3. Ensure accurate information is assembled within the framework of the Company's Quality Procedures to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to contract requirements.
4. Provide on-going project planning/status reporting for use by the Company management and our customers.
5. Ensure contract compliance with the Company's commercial terms and conditions and negotiate acceptable variations where required.
6. Provide timely, accurate and reliable project variation quotations to our customers in association with the Company's Field Sales Engineers and Sales Management.
7. Occasional travel to sites within the UK and Ireland.
* We are looking for a practical engineering professional with a proven track record who will drive projects for our business.
* Experience in the management of medium sized, technology orientated, multi-disciplinary projects is preferred.
* Ideal background would be from within the mechanical contracting services industry with specific reference to steam or high temperature process heating applications.
* Experience of estimating and managing project costs to completion.
* Knowledge of export contracts including Letters of Credit and negotiation of commercial terms would be an advantage.
Ideally you will have practical engineering skills plus a formal qualification (HNC/HND or Degree) in a related field such as MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, PROCESS ENGINEERING, or CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. Experience of working in this job role is preferred. Longer experience may be considered as an advantage over academic achievement.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Good project control and resolution experience is ideal.
* The ability to work within a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the Company structure and with our customers and suppliers.
A competitive salary plus company performance related bonus, which currently pays up to a further 5% of basic salary. This position also offers a contributory pension scheme including life insurance.
Please apply ASAP
project engineer, contract engineer, contracts engineer, projects engineer, project manager, steam, thermal, boiler, application engineer, project engineer