Health and Safety Environmental Manager
A leading global asset management firm are seeking a Health and Safety environmental Manager to join their ever growing team. An independent investment management firm dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life.
As an independent firm, our client’s global organisation is solely focused on investment management. We direct all of our intellectual capital, global strength and operational stability toward helping clients achieve their investment objectives. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and deploying an organization environment and health and safety strategy. This includes responsibility for the promotion of a positive health and safety culture in the workplace, ensuring that all employees comply with legislation and that company policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. As a member of the Corporate Properties Senior Management Team (SMT), you will support the Senior Leadership Team and fellow managers in the management and leadership of the wider Corporate Properties team.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Development, implementation and monitoring of our clients Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, keeping them relevant and up to date at all times.
- Management of our client’s corporate health, safety, and environmental responsibilities in line with all of their policies and external regulations and guidelines, producing all associated reports.
- Establishing, implementing, and reviewing standard procedures in line with the Health & Safety and Environmental Management System to promote a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
- Management of the global accident reporting process (employees, contractors, visitors) and promotion of leading indicators, ensuring quality investigations are undertaken, reviewing performance trends, action planning and internal & external reporting.
- Manage the global Health & Safety Governance Programme, including: Oversight and supporting BUs to achieve compliance with corporate health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Establishing and maintaining an audit regime, monitoring compliance against the Governance requirements and tracking close out of recommendations
- Defining, developing, and disseminating business wide best management practice in health & safety matters.
- Reporting on the global Health & Safety Governance.
- Maintaining the health and safety and environment section of our clients Intranet and communications.
- Supporting the procurement process for new contractors and suppliers, to ensure key health and safety criteria are identified, relevant key performance indicators are set and performance tracked.
- Developing and delivering in-house health and safety training for managers and employees, as required.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas as required e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, asbestos, occupational health issues, construction, use of display screen equipment, etc.
- Accountable for the outputs from health and safety service providers to ensure they support the client’s requirements, the needs of the business and align to best practice.
- Managing reputational and regulatory risk.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Relevant professional qualifications, including NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety, chartered practitioner or working towards.
- Strong experience of managing corporate health and safety and environment.
- Demonstrable track record in improving health and well-being performance in addition to safety performance.
- Knowledge of health and safety in construction, including CDM is also desirable.
- Experience working with management systems such as OHSAS18001 and ISO14001
- Extensive experience of building and maintaining a positive health and safety culture in a global multi-site environment.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Confident, assertive and able to influence and challenge stakeholders.
- Capable of creating strong relationships and industry networks.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Good process consulting skills.
- Facilitator and team player.
- Capable of innovation and delivering creative solutions.
- Capable of calmly responding to reactive tasks and troubleshooting problems.
- The willingness to travel, as required to meet the needs of the role.