Head of Accounting and Control
Our client based in London are seeking a proven Head of Accounting and Control to provide the below skills and attributes to be successful in this brand new contract position.
- Lead on all external reporting, taking accountability for published financial statements, quarterly trading updates and segmental financial reporting.
- Trusted advisor for interpreting and understanding new reporting guidance, analysing and applying policy to group reporting procedures. This includes ensuring the Group accounting manual is kept up to date, circulated to all Finance team members, and train them in use
- Responsibility for corporate head office financial activity, leading on financial modelling and any ad hoc requests as per Group Board business, which need complex analysis and recommendations made as an output
- Support Investor Relations through supplying financial information and resolving analyst queries
- Taking accountability for the quality of work produced by Group Accounting and Control
- Define the reporting work plans, ensuring clear timelines for reporting (including interim reporting) and making sure these are strictly adhered to Producing reports and analysis for the Board and Audit Committee on accounting matters and judgements.
- Leading Group accounting issues such as impairment, going concern and viability modelling
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards across the Group, leveraging resource from the wider Accounting & control areas
- Critically review the financial and accounting position of overseas subsidiaries through the Balance Sheet Review process
- Support the business partners in the accounting impact of new contracts and proposals, and be involved in discussions with third parties around accounting issues.
- Continue to develop accounting knowledge through the use of third parties, independent research
The role is expected to act autonomously and expected to make their own judgements using analysis and critical thinking.
Whilst the role has limited financial implications on functions’ financial performance, being responsible for the reporting of performance rather than directly influencing performance, reliance will be placed on analysis of commercial arrangements and recommendations sought to optimise terms and conditions of potential transactions.
- Expert ability to lead and work within a team, demonstrating a collaborative management style to energise and inspire the wider team to deliver their common objectives
- Expert analytical skills, understanding business context and commercial markets to translate into strategy and financial planning
- Ability to build strong working relationships quickly with key stakeholders,
- Financial analysis and technical corporate finance knowledge
- Ability to understand the team developmental needs, giving constructive feedback on performance, mapping out career pathways and ensure a succession pipeline for Accounting and Control
- Excellent communication skills, used to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders.
- An ability to understand and articulate business and strategy, in financial and non-financial terms to a wide group of stakeholders, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrable experience post qualification in a commercial finance setting (either through commercial experience or within practice), with specific knowledge of financial reporting & business partnering, gained through experience
- Qualified Accountant ( first time passes an advantage)
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree level educated
Please do get in touch for a full detailed job spec.