QA / Test Analyst
Initial 6 Month Contract
£450 - £500 p/d
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key Global Loyalty and Benefits clients and supporting them with the recruitment of a QA / Test Analyst to join them. The incumbent will work with the Tech team to ensure delivery of a project is of acceptable quality to the business, as well as devising and carrying out both manual and automated tests.
The ideal candidate will have to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged in the test strategy, plan and execution and status reporting as well as help support problem solving and defect resolution with tech teams, 3rd party software vendors and the business.
- Preparation and review of test reports
- Ensure that acceptance tests are agreed and signed off with relevant stake holders
- Carry out manual exploratory tests
- Preparation and review of test plans and scripts
- Prioritise log and track issues according to Company processes
- To raise issues related to usability, performance and general look and feel, in addition to defects
- Carry out regression tests
- To provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and quality requirements
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Strong QA and testing industry knowledge
- Proven experience in testing including test strategy, approach and planning
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Proven experience of testing user and system interfaces
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing
- Experience of testing using tools including TestComplete and SpiraTest
- Proficient in VB/VBA and SQL testing
- Good analytical skills to devise an optimal suite of test cases for a piece of functionality
- Technical environment usage and scheduling
- QA mind-set
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies. Prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to bridge communications between technical and business focussed groups would be advantageous