Applications for this job are closed.
Procurement Category Manager
Initial 3-6 month contract
Up to £550 per day
My client are a leading multichannel retailer based in London, they are currently looking for a procurement category manager with good indirects category experience and proven professional services, marketing, logistics and IT/telco expertise.
You will be working with the business to interrogate supplier and contract data in order to identify and deliver significant procurement opportunities. You will implement best practice sourcing processes, working collaboratively with business stakeholders and negotiating the best overall commercial arrangements for the business.
Skills and experience:
- Proven procurement experience, working as a category manager.
- Demonstrable and proven track record of delivering cost savings, cost efficiencies, total cost of ownership improvement and continuous improvement.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Category Strategy / Strategic Sourcing tools and techniques
- Relevant indirect category expertise.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Highly analytical and innovative, with the ability to spot opportunities and seize them for the good of the business.
- Ability to identify suppliers to continue trading with and where to exit contracts.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent (MCIPS an advantage)
- Project and Programme Management experience on high value/risk/complexity projects (£5-20m)
- Proven and strong negotiation skills.
- Must have experience of working within a fast paced environment.
If this seems like the role for you then please apply directly or get in touch with Kirsty for further information on kirsty(dot)hallett(at)iqtalentsolutions(dot)com.