Summary of the Role’s main purpose
To be responsible for ensuring solutions deployed into production meet the quality standards agreed within IT Operations and Business Change teams:
- Responsible for overseeing the QA lifecycle from end-to-end (Unit Test, System Test, SIT, VPT, UAT, and OAT)
- Overseeing test partners and third-party vendors so that all test activities are aligned and meet the required quality standards.
- Reporting back to the clients Programme Team with regards to progress, risk and issues associated with test preparation, test execution and quality of testing.
- Assists in developing localised testing strategies for key applications with ongoing continuous improvement in process and efficiency.
Providing direction and support to programme/project managers on all aspects of testing to ensure successful delivery of quality software to the Business.
- Reviewing and validating deliverables produced by testing partners and ensuring that these adherence to the clients standards.
- Validates the test partner has secured the right levels of resources to support projects and programmes through the execution of appropriate risk based testing.
- Reviews project/programme test strategies and approaches to ensure agreed coverage and approach
- Encourages continuous quality improvement through Root Cause and other Metrics Analysis, in order to direct process improvement efforts leading to reduction in the overall defect rate, increase in development and testing efficiency and reduction in application development costs.
- Ensures continuous improvement in the efficiency of testing through increasing the levels of re-use of plans, scripts and where possible automation.
- Effective reporting and defect tracking
- Works with Operations to ensure the protection of production environments with appropriate testing sign-off and effective introduction of new systems or changes to existing systems.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and that any applicable configuration management procedures are adhered to.
- Ability to define/validate strategies that encompass the full testing cycle.
- Experience of working on business transformation projects in an IT QA capacity, with experience of defining and managing a variety of test strategies in a range of technology environments including mission critical 24x7 Applications
- Good understanding of the testing lifecycle, phase testing objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria, Risk-based approaches to testing cycle definition
- Experience of HP ALM, Jira and other automated testing tools
- Supplier management skills developed in an IT environment using internal and external resources
- Good communication skills, both orally and written, at a technical level for IT and Business for UAT.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and often conflicting priorities
- Proactively takes responsibility, owns any issues arising and follows through to resolve them (get the required result) and recognises how individual responsibility impacts team delivery and inspires others to do the same
- Works collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business agenda
- Takes advantage of every opportunity to communicate relevant information remaining mindful of the audience (e.g. translates complex/technical issues to meet the audience's competency level)
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement through lessons learnt throughout the Transformation Programme.
Please do get in touch for a job spe