Collections Account Handler
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Do you want to work for an ambitious and fast growing finance company? Are you confident approaching customers and having lengthy conversations both over the phone and via email?
You will be responsible for discussing customers’ finance agreements in detail and providing a debt recovery service when required.
- Handling both inbound and outbound calls to customers in arrears
- Handling each call efficiently and updating records accordingly
- Discuss payment options with customers
- Taking responsibility for handling and resolving minor disputes ensuring that every party is kept up-to-date at all times
- Have a full working knowledge of the terms of sale ensuring this is clearly detailed when speaking to customers
- Ability to negotiate payments where required
- Capable of showing empathy to customers from a variety of different backgrounds
- Good negotiation / handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to comply with company procedures and guidelines
- Persuasive and persistent attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills (though not essential)
- Experience of speaking to customers over the phone
- Previous experience gained in the retail / hospitality / insurance sector
- Confident in establishing effective relationships with both colleagues and customers
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
The role will also require you to reliably commute to and from the office on a daily basis. In addition to this, you will need to have a flexible approach to working a 37.5 hour week (8.5 hours per day) as well as 2 weekends in 6 (day off in lieu to make up for them).
If you fit the above skill set and are interested in this role, please forward over a copy of your CV ASAP.
Contact: Katherine Murrell ([email removed])