We are looking for a skilled Operations/Contracts Manager with proven experience in the Wind Energy Industry to work for an established client in this sector.
This role would be perfectly suited to an individual with previous wind farm operations experience looking to return to the industry or an experienced Wind Farm Team Leader looking to progress their career to the next level.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of multiple Contracts within the wind sector ranging from service, repairs, maintenance to rope access and NDT inspections.
Responsible for managing the full Contract life cycle from documentation and conceptualisation through to delivery, review and close out against identified operational KPI's.
Carry out other such responsibilities and duties commensurate with the position as required by the company.
Travel shall be required to operational sites and some other occasional ad-hoc national and international travel will be required to fulfil the role.
- Experienced in successful delivery of Contracts up to £1m in size.
- Experience working on UK wind farms during wind turbine construction & commissioning;
- Good technical knowledge of Siemens Gamesa, GE, Nordex, Senvion and Vestas >2MW size and bonus 600kw wind turbines.
- Good working knowledge of UK H&S requirements and standards, including Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
- Good technical knowledge of wind turbine mechanical and electrical systems.
- Implement measure to provide motivation for employees
- Oversee customer service departments and assess that they are meeting customer satisfaction goals
- Prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation
- Review customer reviews and customer related statistics
- Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy and IMS System.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree educated with a high level of practical rotating plant, PPE, Training and Operational experience.
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex, multi-stakeholder Contracts.
- Prince 2, or equivalent, methodology experience as a Contract Manager.
- Experience in writing and presenting Contract reports and reviews.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office suite, Intra/Internet and MS Contract.
- Five years plus experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and committed attitude.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Self-motivated individual with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills, suited to an entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven culture, with very high corporate performance and ethical standards.
The individual will need to be comfortable working in a lean structure, should be highly customer focused, possess strong ethical and moral standards and be willing to assume significant personal accountability.
Key characteristics of the successful candidate:
- The ability to work unsupervised and always take responsibility including during dynamic situations.
- Completer/Finisher able to deliver results on schedule.
- Affable and flexible personality.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong work ethic.