Data Management Consultant
Our client based in London and withion ther Retail space are seeking a proven well rounded Data Management Consultant to provide the follwowing skills and knowledge:
Purpose of role:
- The role is basically an assurance/governance role ensuring that all design and build of data and IT project adheres to data management best practises. As such, you will be technically competent with hands on experience in database management and ETL builds, but be passionate about data and wear a data management hat to ensure that DMF provides data that is fit for purpose is provided to the various stakeholders that make use of this data.
- Build Data Quality framework and a reference DQ data model that can be used.
- Define and manage DQ KPI’s.
- Reviewing and approve data models (logical and physical), ETL design to ensure that data quality is built into design.
- Ensure ETL design and development captures metadata (business/technical and operational metadata)
- Ensure that data lineage is captured as part of development.
- Maintenance of Business Glossary/Data Dictionary. The build should ideally be done as part of development.
- Liaise with business to ensure that their requirements are met in the design.
- Help create documents including guidance notes, new policies, articles and communications.
- Building relationships with business units to establish an ongoing relationship and deliver any other necessary services required from the wider organisation.
- Assist Data Governance manager in setting up and running a governance team to ensure data issues are actively managed to resolution.
- Very good knowledge of Data Warehouse/Data mart concepts and Expertise in data modelling for OLAP & OLTP systems from design and analysis to implementation including the conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Excellent understanding of Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon methodology for Dimensional Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schemas. Thorough understanding of DW concepts like Facts, Dimensions, Surrogate keys, drill down and drill across approach
- In-depth knowledge of large database design techniques; experience in data analysis, data cleansing, and data transformation and migration using ETL tools.
- Experience in developing Strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism using at least one ETL tool, preferably Informatica Power Center.
- Strong grounding in data quality concepts, dimensions of data quality and practical techniques to achieve data quality in the organisation.
- Hands on experience on a BI reporting tool, with good understanding on presentation layer design.
- Strong project management skills and stakeholder management.
- Degree or Equivalent.
- Several years as a data architect/data management consultant.
- Certification in one of the architectural frameworks (Togaf/Zachman) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with or good knowledge of a data management framework like DMBOK, DMMI, DCAM
- will be a definite plus.
- Certification in Oracle (9 and above) would be helpful in demonstrating competence in a database.
Please do get in touch today for a full detailed job spec.