Applications for this job are closed.
This role would provide a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a professional career in Finance. It includes supporting existing relationships with current retailers as well as compiling new setup requests and configuring new retailers on the system. The role also includes working closely with various departments within the business.
Located in beautiful, Sevenoaks-based offices, you will be joining a large motor finance lender who stand apart from the rest of the market. Our client are currently going through an exciting period of growth, and have recently been named one of the Fastest Growing Organisations in Europe. Joining the company at this time will allow you to put your own stamp on the role, make it your own and really have a say in how the company will grow in the short and long-term future!
Working within the Collections team, you will be responsible for contacting customers by various communication methods in order to ensure effective customer resolutions in connection with outstanding arrears.
You will effectively cope with both inbound and outbound telephone calls in a professional and effective manner.
You will ensure that all customer records are updated in accordance with company and industry guidelines and ensure that all information gathered during the course of any customer conversations are clearly noted onto the in-house debt management platform.
• To undertake outbound calls and receive inbound calls from customers who have outstanding arrears balances.
• To comply with all regulatory and company policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure all activity undertaken is updated accordingly on systems.
• Work closely with customers who are in financial difficulty, showing sensitivity and understanding to agree a mutually beneficial outcome at all times.
• Arranging and maintaining all customer payment arrangements
• Updating customer information accurately and efficiently.
• Complete administrative tasks as required for efficient running of outbound activity.
• Process customer payments
• Ensure that customers are treated fairly at all times
• To liaise with other operational departments that are involved in the customer journey
• To ensure all performance and productivity targets are achieved and maintained
• Conform to all quality and legal requirements
• To work towards continuous improvement and self-development
• To carry out any ad-hoc duties as requested by your Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Self-motivated and comfortable working with targets and deadlines
• Adaptable, dependable, resilient and persistent
• A flexible and responsive approach to changing business needs
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a positive attitude and drive for success
• Demonstrates attention to detail in completing procedures, documents and updating systems
• Professionalism at all time when dealing with customers and business stakeholders
• PC Literate
• Stable employment history
• A good educational background with adequate verbal, reading, arithmetic and computer skills
• Ability to accurately input and interpret data
• Professional and well presented
This is a permanent position, following a successful three month probationary period. Working hours are Monday - Friday, with shift patterns of 8am - 4:30pm, 9am - 5:30pm, 10:30am - 7pm, 11:30am - 8pm. Occasional Saturday + Sunday shifts, 9am-5pm (two days off in lieu during the week) and occasional bank holidays throughout the year.