This role would provide a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a professional career in Finance. It includes supporting existing relationships with current retailers as well as compiling new setup requests and configuring new retailers on the system. The role also includes working closely with various departments within the business.
Located in beautiful, Sevenoaks-based offices, you will be joining a large motor finance lender who stand apart from the rest of the market. Our client are currently going through an exciting period of growth, and have recently been named one of the Fastest Growing Organisations in Europe. Joining the company at this time will allow you to put your own stamp on the role, make it your own and really have a say in how the company will grow in the short and long-term future!
Working within the Recoveries team you will be responsible for ensuring that all terminated accounts are dealt with effectively and efficiently whilst having due regard to a customer centric approach.
To fully ensure that any delinquent assets are returned to the business and further disposal of those goods are maximised at optimal levels and within prevailing timescales to minimise customer shortfalls and subsequent losses to the business.
To act as point of reference for internal and external queries in relation to Recoveries operational processes and/or regulatory best practice and guidance.
- To undertake outbound calls and receive inbound calls from customers who have outstanding debts on terminated accounts
- To comply with all regulatory and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all activity undertaken is updated accordingly on systems.
- Effectively prioritise and manage accounts received into the recoveries department.
- Where necessary, plan an appropriate course of action to recover outstanding payments or assets within specific timescales.
- Negotiate payments and appropriate repayment plans in accordance with business practices and procedures but all time showing due regards for Treating Customers Fairly.
- Respond effectively to questions or initial expressions of dissatisfaction in regards to recovery policies and practices.
- Liaise with external third party suppliers to ensure efficient and effective recovery and sale of assets.
- Act as escalation point for advice and guidance for Collections department in regards to recovery activity and processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with targets and deadlines
- Adaptable, dependable, resilient and persistent
- A flexible and responsive appraoch to changing business needs
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude and drive for success
- Demonstates attention-to-detail in completing procedures, documents and updating systems
- Professionalism at all times when dealing with customers and business stakeholders
- PC Literate
- Previous experience of Recoveries and/or Enforcement activities
- A good educational background with adequate verbal, reading, arithmetic and computer skills
- Ability to accurately input & interpret data
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Permanent role following a successful three month probationary period
- Operating week: Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 9am-5pm (time off in lieu)
- 37.5 hours per working week