SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER- GRANTHAM - competitive salary + BENEFITS
This is a senior IT project role, working closely with IT Management and senior technicians on technical development. Supporting both internal and external customers.
- Taking a senior role within the support team, acting as an escalation point and providing mentoring, guidance and support for service desk and desktop support staff.
- Providing a high level of 2nd line/desktop support covering Microsoft Windows technologies as well as some 3rd line support.
- Taking ownership of complex incidents escalated by Service Desk Engineers.
- Liaising with Infrastructure support teams and 3rd party support where necessary.
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes.
- Responsible for upgrades to software and systems.
- IT project work, working closely with IT Management and senior technicians on technical development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrable four years' experience in a similar position.
- MCSA or equivalent professional qualifications. Ideally ITIL foundation level qualification.
- A valid Full UK driving license.
- A mature, professional but enthusiastic personality, passionate about delivering top quality service.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the business.
- A pro-active approach to personal development.
- An ability to effectively prioritize workload and execute tasks under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills developed working in an IT service-oriented environment.
- An analytical approach - a structured thinker and problem solver.
Technical Experience will include:
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016)
- Microsoft products including Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365,
Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerShell/VBScript scripting.
Antivirus and security products such as bitdefender, Duo mobile, Cisco Umbrella,
- Cisco switching and routing config experience
- VMware vSphere and vCentre
- VEEAM Backup and Replication technology
To apply for the role of Senior IT Support Engineer, please click APPLY now and send CV.