Job Title: Application Support Manager - Back Office
Reporting into: Head of Application Support
Our global client is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services enabling individuals to work smarter. For more than 80 years they has been driving innovation and is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
Relevant working experience:
- Extensive skills/experiences in relevant applications/processes - while Oracle E-Business preferred, other ERP solutions would be considered
- Minimum of 10 years relevant working experience in development/support
- Experienced in managing a team of professionals
- Experience with Group system solutions and understands the importance of effective systems support
- Experience in international environments
- Additional training:
- Formalised training in applications or processes under span of control.
- Management training
Key results area
- Manages, motivates and organises the members of the team so that agreed objectives are achieved.
- Has full managerial responsibility for team including (but not limited to) defining competence levels, setting bonus objectives, defining development plans, completing appraisals and following through on any issues arising from these items.
- Uses team to provide a high quality and stable set of applications delivering significant business benefits.
- Investigates long term business trends and participates in strategic initiatives to ensure proactive and timely alignment of services to short and long term business requirements.
- Forecast the level, mix and timing of resources based on business demand, work with external suppliers (include offshore teams), recruiters and HR to ensure staffing levels and ensure resources are adequately trained and developed
- Ensure that acceptance criteria are agreed and achieved so that any applications/processes deployed can be supported by team and that if appropriate, the agreed support is available from the software suppliers.
- Ensures that support provided by the team is delivered according to agreed service levels
- Creates, audits and reviews processes to ensure that incidents are solved within agreed timeframes and changes implemented within agreed budgets to the agreed SLA and that these changes are made according to the RFG SOX compliance policy (if applicable)
- Agrees service levels with Head of Application support and with suppliers of services (both internal and external).
Communications and working relationships:
- Daily contact with his/her employees
- Key liaison between his/her team and the other Application Support teams
- Regular contact with Head of Application Support.
- On-Going contact with the European process owners
- Extensive liaisons with process, development and deployment teams to ensure that process changes/releases/deployments are well planned/executed.
- Key member of the Change Advisory Board
- Regular contact with the Service Delivery and RIDS teams to ensure high system availability and performance
- External suppliers of services/applications
Level of education: Degree level preferred but not essential
Field of study: Computer Science, Technical, Business
If this is you then please click APPLY now or email Kate(dot)brown(at)interquestgroup(dot)com
0 1 8 9 2 5 5 3 4 9 3
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.