Function Ecommerce contract c£500-550p/d London
Our client are seeking a Project Manager to successfully manage and deliver small, medium or large sized ecommerce and multi-channel projects. Fromt identifying a need for change through to delivering the project, as part of the wider eCommerce portfolio, and embedding the change into the business. The role will also be involved in helping define the Currys PC World eCommerce strategy and 1 – 3 year plan.
Essential skills & Knowledge required;
- Expert knowledge of relevant project management methodologies, development life cycles e.g. Waterfall, Agile and Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of financial forecasting and budget management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of programme and project organisation structures and the ability to build teams who are set up for success.
- Good knowledge of resource and service management tools and techniques when working with multiple third parties.
- Good knowledge of influencing techniques.
- Experience of delivering Technology Projects in eCommerce, Retail and/or Telecoms.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Excellent networking skills (across multiple functions, business units, external stakeholders) and positively resolve conflicts.
- Takes responsibility for the management of and successful execution of large, high-profile ecommerce and multichannel projects that require co-ordinating with 3rd Party Clients and multiple business units.
- Establish and sustain an effective governance framework to ensure the appropriate level of oversight and control is in place across their project.
- Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of detailed business requirements through collaboration with the business, IT and other 3rd parties.
- Provides a strong role model for delivering high quality change within the business, through the application of ‘best in class’ project, programme and change management
- Builds and manages one or more large project teams built from internal and multiple third parties.
- Provides very strong leadership to the project team and actively represents the project team to stakeholders. Monitoring the deployment of individuals to ensure that they are contributing effectively from an outcome based perspective.
- Ensures strong and effective working relationships are established with Clients, 3rd Parties, and internal stakeholders, and are sustained throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensures that realistic and accurate estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and proactively manage any deviations through to project closure.
- Managing and tracking project costs, with a total budget of up to £3m.
- Responsible for all financial reporting required to track the project benefits.
- Assists with ecommerce and multichannel strategy development and 1 – 3 year planning
- Play an active role in continuously improving the engagement and performance of the eCommerce Strategy and Planning team and act as a brand ambassador for eCommerce.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- Experience in delivering a Smartphone App preferred
- Project Management Qualification (APM, PRINCE2 or similar)
It is important that the person in role has experience of performing a similar role within a major FTSE 250 organisation or comparable organisation, or has experience of delivering the requirements of this role across multiple clients as a member of a top tier professional services.
Please do get in touch for a detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.