Senior Finance Business Partner
£550 to £600 per day
InterQuest Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key clients a market leader in the retail and telecoms sector, supporting with the recruitment of an interim Senior Finance Business Partner to be based out of their London site
Purpose of the role
To provide effective financial leadership across the Services Commercial team. This includes commercial support, preparation of strategic reviews and plans, improving controls and accounting processes and driving effective business decisions. Whilst providing finance support for business cases and board papers for this strategically key area. This is a key role within the finance structure and the role holder should be a champion of finance best practice across the function.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating robust, insightful and comprehensive Finance support to the Services Commercial Director and team to develop and drive this key trading category
- Liaising with Finance colleagues in Group Finance and the Centres of Excellence (Accounting, Reporting and Planning) to ensure a seamless Finance service
- Leading the Finance support for high profile strategic regulatory decisions (requiring advanced modelling and accounting skills as well as an understanding of the wider market)
- Liaising with Group Finance to ensure a smooth transition to IFRS15 including analysis and communication of the impact on reported numbers
- Leading commercial insight and analysis to support strategic and tactical decision making; including pricing, sales, margin, promotions, range changes, competitor analysis and sales initiatives
- Ensuring delivery of all key Financial processes; financial plans (3YPs, budgets, forecasts), strategic reviews as well as ad hoc analyses such as retention and revenue spread reviews
- Managing relationship with in-house underwriters (Mtis) to ensure clear understanding of the spread rules for each Product to enable accurate pricing and trading decisions.
- Playing a leading role in the Services Finance team, driving the understanding of this complex business area across the business
- Leading the Finance input to the IT project to re-platform the care plan systems
Skills & Experience
- Candidates will ideally have a Business or Accounting degree in addition to a recognised Accountancy Qualification, preferable a ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience in a senior commercial finance position in either Insurance or Retail would be highly advantageous
- Candidates will have excellent numerical and analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural credibility at senior level and the ability to influence at all levels across the business
- You will ideally have an underpinning of financial accounting experience with the ability to understand the accounting implications of business decisions and to apply complex accounting standards
- Able to combine rigorous modelling with clear and concise communication
- Able to analyse and understand complex commercial, accounting and regulatory issues to facilitate recommendations on optimal solutions
- Track record of delivering end to end solutions in a planned and controlled manner.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.