Full Stack PHP Developer * Leicestershire Area * Permanent Opportunity * Competitive Salary and Benefits
My client, a leading multichannel retailer, is seeking a skilled PHP Developer to come and join their multiple device services team to work one of the firm's world class projects for their enterprise search tool. Ideally a Full Stack Developer who has strong PHP skills in a Devops and Agile environment with Amazon web services (AWS) and ecommerce being highly desired. The team is very collaborative and work in a capable Scrum team with very experienced engineers. This is a fast paced environment so experience from working to deadlines is key.
Overview of Role:
- Currently working on 3 new projects, covering online customer journeys, developing to create great customer experiences
- Lots to test, learn and iterate to get to the best solution
- Integrating with several other systems through APIs
- Using automation and automated CI/CD
- Maintaining servers and cloud based services
- Assistance with managing development releases
- A chance to work alongside a great bunch of Developers and upskill with some new tech's
- Working in Scrum Agile Teams
- Other great office benefits to be discussed on application
Desirable skills required:
- Ability to develop in PHP with good orientation in today's PHP landscape (libraries / frameworks), knowledge of other languages is welcomed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work and be part of capable scrum team with experienced engineers
- Experience of test automation as well as automated CI/CD
- Unit/Feature Testing or Behavioural
- Engineering mind-set with focus on problem solving as well as programming capabilities
- At least basic knowledge of infrastructure including ability to work with containers (Docker)
- Experience working in a cross-functional Agile team
- Symfony or Laravel - Ideally - However other modern frameworks are welcomed
- Ability to build secure software
If this sounds interesting to you and you are available immediately for a new project then please apply with your CV and short summary of experience over ASAP!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.