Software Development Engineer -Java
What You Will Do:
As an engineer within our team, you will be responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and writing quality, accurate, testable code along with the right architecture. You will work with a geographically dispersed, agile team to effectively translate requirements into solutions and seamlessly interface with business partners and technical staff. We are looking for an individual that has experience in the full stack, front to back architecture and engineering of an application with a passion for growing skills as well as solving complex and challenging problems.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of professional experience in software development
• Understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices – developing and delivering products in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Working knowledge of Java, Java web applications, and modern Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, Spring Security, etc.)
• Working experience CI/CD experience using Bamboo or any other CI/CD tool
• Understanding of Object Oriented technology and standard Java development frameworks, including OOD and OOP skills
• Experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, Drupal, etc.)
• Experience in using IDEs like Eclipse 3.x, IntelliJ IDEA
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Experience implementing a role-based security model and configure permissions and privileges
• Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
• Working experience with extreme programming (XP) practices (TDD/BDD, CI/CD, paired programming, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (PCF, AWS, Azure, GCP)
Familiarity with Event Driven Architectures and Asynchronous message/Event processing using Kafka
Please do get in touch and i can provide a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.