Pre Sales Systems Designer/Architect
Are client a large IT Software company are seeking a proven Pre Sales Systems Designer/Architect with the following skills and expereince.
- A highly experienced technically minded Audio Visual and Video Conferencing (AV/VC) professional to work closely with the sales team on international Communication Services (CS) opportunities within corporate and retail verticals.
- Designing Audio Visual and Video Conferencing (AV/VC) Systems designs & technical proposals, gathered through direct liaison with customers to meet their technical specifications/requirements or project briefs.
- Ability to work with all levels of customer stakeholders (knowledge workers to C-level)
- Creation of well-engineered and streamlined Bill of Materials (BoM), prepared ready for pricing by sales or support teams.
- Act as onsite technical Project lead ( chargeable ) for projects increasing co-ordination and profitability
- Potentially act as support engineer as required ( chargeable to end customer and manage charging )
- Act as additional installation resource if required (chargeable to end customer and manage charging)
- Possibility of running onsite events (chargeable to end customer and manage charging )
- Ability to reverse-engineer competitor’s brief/ technical proposals, re-design or meet RFI, RFPs or other system functionality to produce performance details and competitive design proposal(s).
- Production of system schematics, rack layouts, cabling spreadsheets, room layouts and coordination diagrams using AutoCAD/ D-tools/Visio etc. as well as marking up ‘as built’ drawings as required.
You will also ideally have some of the below & some Cirtifications listed:
- Extensive knowledge of AV/VC (unified communications, video, audio, control, switching and routing of signals as well as AV VC over IP).
- Strong knowledge for Microsoft Office, particularly O365, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD LT 2014-2016, MSFT Visio and D-Tools.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative solutions based design thinking.
- Experience in designing AV/VC systems to a budget.
- Ability to pre-qualify design work, to estimate time & effort required for scheduling &/or approval of opportunities.
- Previous experience in working in a pre-sales process/delivery, incorporating: Pre-sales site visits, RFI, RFP reviews, Tender or Panel Short-list interviews, Responses to clarification &/or design changes.
Desirable qualifications/certifications in industry rescognised vendors: AVIXA’s: CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I. Extron: EAVA, DTP/XTP/AIP/designer Poly: PCVE, Cisco: ATP (ITS/ITSI) or CCNA/CCND, Crestron: CAP/DM/NVX designer, AMX: ACE/designer. etc.
Please do get in touch today for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.