Junior QA Engineer
The role of a Junior QA Engineer is to collaborate and work within agile scrum teams (Squads as per the Spotify model) – ensuring Functional and non-functional testing has been done to mitigate risks for the solution/delivery with guidance from a more experienced QA within the team. You will work closely with the agile team members, such as Product Owners, B.As, Developers and Technical Leads and champion quality through understanding Business risk and impact and ensure that an accurate quality level is assessed and communicated for the application under test.
You will assess what tests are suitable for regression and automate tests into BDDs at different levels (feature level, user journey/end-to-end) depending on the requirement.
- Prepare test cases corresponding to business and functional requirements
- Devise and carry out both manual and automated tests to assess the quality of the software under test
- Use the appropriate test automation software to execute test automation scripts
- Prepare Test Data and Environment for Test Case execution
- Detect bugs and issues as early as possible in the process – active participating in the 3 Amigos session. Log, prioritise, and track bugs and issues
- Prevent bugs and issues by thinking of relevant scenarios that can help meet the validation of acceptance criteria at story development stage
- Contribute in daily scrums and agile planning as required by the team
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed
- Contribute to planning sessions with estimations and timelines
- Contribute actively to the retrospective session to improve the process
- Help to maintain and develop tests, aiming for constant improvement
- Work with the Delivery, Test and Agile Leads to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of the projects
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress
- Compile brief user guides and wiki instruction pages for other QA team members
- Make testing related decisions as part of the 3 Amigos in the Scrum team
- Act as a Buddy for new starters.
- Understanding of agile software development fundamentals and lifecycles
- Knowledge and experience of Java programming
- Familiar with writing SQL queries and Shell scripting to generate test artifacts
- Ability to work with team members to troubleshoot any problems and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress.
- Knowledge of BDD and ATDD concepts.
- Knowledge of automating, debugging and maintaining API tests
- Desirable - Experience in API Testing using Postman, Swagger and other API testing tools
- Desirable - Experience of working in a fast paced Agile team with CI/CD and heavy Java test automation environment
Please do get in touch today and i can pass a full detailed job spec to you.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.