QA Software Engineer - SDET - Automation
Our client based in London are seeking a proven QA Software Engineer SDET perm, the client are looking for a blend of essential skills listed below, feel free to get in touch today and i can provide a full detailed job spec.
- Prepare test cases corresponding to business and functional requirements
- Devise and carry out both manual and automated tests to establish the quality of the software under test
- Use the appropriate test automation software to execute test automation scripts
- Prepare Test Data and Test Case execution, SDET Automation skills are essential to this perm role
- Provide the link between the development team and business representatives regarding testing and quality
- Detect bugs and issues as early as possible in the process. Log, prioritise, and track bugs and issues
- Prevent bugs and issues by thinking of relevant scenarios that can help meet the validation of acceptance criteria at story development stage
- Contribute in project status meetings daily scrums and agile planning as required by the project
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed
- Contribute to planning sessions with estimations and timelines
- Identify and communicate patterns to improve software development
- Advocate and evangelise for best practises like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Drive use of Open Source and share latest tools across the QA team
- Help to maintain and develop automated test suites, aiming for constant improvement
- Work with the Delivery, Test and Agile Leads to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of the projects
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of agile software development life cycle including open source test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience of working in a fast paced Agile team with CI/CD and heavy Java test automation environment
- Experience of working with Serenity (Java Automation) and Spring Boot Frameworks preferable
- Proven ability to automate test scripts using Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber(BDD) for Web and Mobile applications
- Experience of mentoring juniors in the team.
- Extensive knowledge of automating, debugging and maintaining API tests
- Ability to work with team members to troubleshoot any problems and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress.
- Capacity to deliver on multiple projects, expertly switching priorities as the need demands
- Excellent written & spoken English & interpersonal communication
- Creating and maintaining manual test scripts in Test Rail.
- Expertise in identifying and documenting defects using JIRA
- Familiar with writing SQL queries and Shell Scripting to generate test artifacts
- Cross platform/browser testing preferably using BrowserStack
Please do get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.