One of our most prestigious clients in Nottingham is looking for a Technical Sales and Support Engineer as part of the increase and development of new product lines in their sector. They are looking for a skilled Technical Sales and Support Engineer who is excited about the opportunity in being part of a successful operation designing and manufacturing smart building technology.
Our client is an established and growing business in their sector providing amazing benefits to its employees. They are offering a salary between £30,000-£35,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, private health care, life insurance and up to 28 days holidays including bank holidays.
As the Technical Sales and Support Engineer, your duties will include:
- Supporting Sales and Product Management on all product aspects including all associated functions, features and deployment considerations for converting sales opportunities into incremental revenues.
- Managing inbound technical support queries from internal and external customers providing 1st & 2nd line support for direct client deployments and 3rd line support for partners.
- Full project and product delivery oversight, including the integration of products through client and 3rd party projects.
- Assisting with the hardware return process diagnosing faulty products and providing feedback.
- Managing the associated training function to support effective deployment and use of the products conducting training and creating documentation for other engineers, users, partners and other audiences.
- Effective product deliveries and the establishment of a robust delivery process and framework - continuous reviewing and streamlining of these processes to ensure the client gets the same great experience at all stages.
- Implementation of level 1,2 and 3 support mechanism for product support.
- Implementation of an installer training program.
- Pre, Post and Delivery sales technical support both on and off site.
- Feedback to business options for improvement in product/delivery.
The successful Technical Sales and Support Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering preferred but defined relevant experience in the field considered.
- Technical knowledge in IoT and a good understanding of sensor hardware, software, data, interface protocols, wireless and network products, radio frequency and installation standards.
- Familiar with RF protocols such as ZigBee, LoRaWAN, EnOcean and IoT platforms such as IBM Watson, Azure IoT and AWS IoT Core.
- Best practice in delivering support, training, and service management.
- Radio network planning and installation expertise.
- Industry regulation and compliance standards.
- Health & safety awareness.
- Experience of working effectively across internal teams to improve delivery performance, delivery quality and to manage change.
- Strong leadership, influential, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to manage internal and external suppliers, 3rd parties and client expectations.
- Ability to self-plan and deliver at both a strategic and tactical level on time and to high-quality standards for Clients and internal stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results orientated.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Have a strong client focus with excellent communication skills, empathy and influencing skills, with the ability to display an understanding of client projects.
The Technical Sales and Support Engineer's benefits will include:
- Competitive salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Good work / life balance
- Fantastic location and modern working environment
- Amazing pension scheme
- Private health care
- Life insurance
- Up to 28 days holidays including bank holidays
- Free parking
*** Technical Sales, Technical Customer Service, Customer service, Technical Support, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Consultant, IoT, Technology, Smart products, embedded electronic devices, PCB, Zigbee, LoRa, Enocean, Hardware, Software, Nottingham, Leicester, Derby ***