Senior QA - Automation
The successful candidate will work in a brand new team using Agile development and a Site Reliability Engineering approach to support. You will be broadly involved the software development lifecycle and be the development team’s voice of quality assurance, The focus will be working as part of a team developing cloud-enabled applications to digitise Insight’s investment process for the front office.
If you want to be part of the whole software development lifecycle, from acceptance criteria, through functional and in-code testing to owning a Continuous Delivery deployment process end-to-end, then we want to hear from you!
Our mission: Deliver apps which simplify workflow, enhance productivity and make users happy.
You must have excellent Automation and Manuel QA Testing skills, strong BDD Testing and API Automation skills, you will manage your own workload and have proven understanding of Release management, deployment full cycle coupled with recent understanding and usage of Microsoft Cloud and or Azure integrations ,Testing etc.
Code-literacy in any language (shell or script) to parse and understand the code, in either of the listed e.g. .NET, PowerShell, Python any of these will suffice.
• Agile processes such as Scrum and or Kanban
• Collaborate to refine features, formulate UAT tests and capture these in JIRA
• Understand Mutually Exclusive and Comprehensively Exhaustive (MECE) testing
• Established, systematic and methodical approach to formulating test packs and UAT scripts to sign-off the releases
• Familiar with tools for deployment, logging, debugging, using any of these listed deployment tool: Teamcity, Docker, Octopus deploy, Serena Dimensions, Serilog, SVC TraceViewer.
• Manage & maintain manual and automation regression test suites.
• Good SQL skills, reading comprehension and writing ability - eventually understand the evolving DB structure.
• Experience working with automation test frameworks such as:
Specflow, Selenium, Postman, Mountebank etc.
• An ‘automation first’ test approach improving productivity and reducing risk.
• Code-literacy in any language (shell or script) to parse and understand the code, e.g. .in either of these NET, PowerShell, Python
• Familiarity with BDD tools (such as Cucumber, Jbehave).
• Familiarity with tools for testing RESTful APIs.
Please get in touch today for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.