Desktop Analyst - 2nd Line
Our client within the Financial services arena are seeking x2 contract 2nd line Desktop Analysts to join there team working from the London based offices for an initial 6 months.
We are seeking the following skills and knowledge also must have a strong Educated background with a 2.1 required at least.
Must be able to demonstrate in depth experience in the End User Compute space
- Working knowledge of VDI: VMware Horizon View, vSphere
- Ability to determine a problem’s root cause through analysis of events, logs, system behaviour and user experiences and the correlation between these things.
- Able to quickly establish whether an issue is User profile, VM or Device based.
- Provide technical support to the Customer Support teams
- Work closely with our Helpdesk to guide them in resolving issues which could be solved at a 1st line level.
- Able to identify and highlight related problems that may indicate systemic problems
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Management of Dell Zero and Thin client devices
- Lakeside Systrack – Monitoring and Performance troubleshooting tool
- Ivanti Device and Application Control
- Altiris or other Application Deployment Solution e.g. SCCM
Personal qualities: Communication:
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Confident working in a technically complex environment with fast shifting priorities.
- Works well under pressure in a busy office environment
- Ability to understand highly technical issues and to explain them to audiences with different levels of technical comprehension
- Adapts approach according to the situation and audience.
Improvement and Innovation:
- Generates new ideas - ready and able to implement them.
- Acts to provide solutions to potential problems.
- Builds relationships with relevant areas across the whole organisation.
- Builds effective healthy working relationships within and across teams.
- Has an excellent attitude and is keen to work with and for the team.
- Responds or acts calmly even under difficult conditions such as interpersonal conflict or major disruptions to plans.
- Is able to adapt to a changing work environment and remain focussed as tasks, roles and the overall environment alter and grow.
Please get in touch for full details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.