New permanent position: Data Scientist | Remote working with ad hoc days to the Manchester office |
We would love to talk to you if you are a commercially experienced Data Scientist with a real passion for digital first!
This Data Scientist role is a key component of the expansion of our groups Data Science capability as it seeks to expand its reach across digital data sets, focused around the customer journey and experience in our digital properties, and physical airports.
The Data Science team is designed to help the group maximise revenues, find efficiencies, and provide insight to drive new opportunities, and as such the Data Scientist will join the existing team, where innovation is expected.
Key skills & Responsibilities:
• Help gather requirements for a business or customer problem using knowledge and input from stakeholders, domain experts and the wider Data Science team.
• Manage data sets from disparate sources to shape the underlying information required to address problems
• Identify and explain where additional data, or new data sources, are needed to help solve identified problems.
• Bring a working knowledge of machine learning techniques to explore a problem’s domain and identify routes for further opportunities and improvements.
• Manage data effectively: importing, cleaning, transforming, and organising.
• Help to remain at the forefront of new technical solutions and approaches
• Use visualisation skills to explain and educate wider stakeholders on the solutions to business problems that have been found in the data, creating compelling overviews that explain complex analytical findings to non-technical audiences.
• Always remain curious about the data, identifying opportunities to use it in new ways to bring measurable revenue or operational improvements to the wider business.
• Knowledge of a range of machine learning techniques, including such methods as Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Naïve Bayes, and Support Vector Machines.
• Ability to take a business problem and be naturally inquisitive, investigating, and challenging approaches to unlocking new potential through insight.
• Commercial experience working with data through R or Python, preparing reports with R Markdown or Jupyter, using SQL to explore and combine datasets
• Strong communication skills with Data Science colleagues and internal stakeholders
• Ability to plan and organise well, to ensure time is effectively used and delivery timescales are met.
• A willingness to continually seek to expand knowledge, keep up to date with new tools and techniques and suggest improvements that can be applied to our processes.
Please get in touch with interest to discuss full job details and responsibilities. Send your CV to me, Rhiannon at [email removed] or call me direct on 07470064623. We are excited to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.