Keywords: Java, SQL, messaging, RESTAPI, TeamCity, OOP, SOLID, TDD, Azure, Docker, containerisation, oauth2, React, FIX, swing, excel, vba, greenfield, Investment Management, developer
My client is a leading global Investment Management business looking to hire a Senior Java Developer with strong core skills in Java and SQL to join their long-lived Currency product team.
The Senior Java Developer will be expected to:
- Provide technical advice to other developers and play an active role in designing new technical standards.
- Take ownership for driving change and innovation.
- Assess and recommend architectural patterns based on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with the team and various stakeholders, quickly becoming productive with an extensive and unfamiliar legacy codebase.
The successful Senior Java Developer will possess:
- Extensive proven experience using Java and SQL.
- Web services and REST API design (Jetty/Jersey/Swagger).
- Good exposure to CI/CD pipelines like TeamCity/Artifactory/Gradle.
- Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
- Practical experience in all areas of development including analysis, solution design, programming, testing, and documentation.
- Collaborative working style, capable of staying resilient, even under pressure.
Other desirable skills required by the Senior Java Developer:
- Experience working React.
- Exposure to Azure (or other cloud platforms) and Docker/Containerisation.
- Decent understanding of Finance (particularly FIX Messaging, QuickFIX/J).
- Microsoft Excel VBA programming for maintenance of legacy user tools.
The role will start remotely but ideally return to office work in Q3 of 2021.
Please get in touch for more details.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.